Due to our continued expansion and growing client list both regionally and nationally, BH Planning & Design are looking to appoint an experienced Planner to service our rapidly increasing workload.
The successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of planning-related projects of varying scales including the promotion of strategic land and development opportunities through the development plan-making process; assisting with neighbourhood plan preparation; carrying out initial site appraisals and feasibility studies; managing applications and appeals through the formal planning process; and assisting in the management of multi-disciplinary teams in bringing forward new development proposals.
The role will involve working under the direction of BH Planning & Design’s Director and directly with clients across the residential, commercial and local authority sectors, to ensure development projects and strategic land opportunities are successfully managed and brought forward through the planning system.
The successful candidate will be based in our Newcastle city centre office. Required attributes:
• Chartered Member of the RTPI or working towards Chartered Membership
• Minimum of three years post-qualification experience
• Experience of a range of residential, commercial and infrastructure projects including planning policy work in strategic land promotion and/or neighbourhood planning.
• Confident in offering strategic and technical planning/development advice
• Combination of public and private sector experience preferable
• Motivated and commercially aware
• Strong professional relationships in the region
• Confident and outgoing with a positive approach to development delivery
BH Planning & Design was established in 2017 as a new consultancy arm of the Bradley Hall group of companies and has an extensive list of clients, regularly securing new clients through existing client recommendations. We value drive and ambition and seek to offer a high level of service with commercial awareness and quality as standard.
The successful candidate will be given the freedom to plan their own workload in a role offering vast variety. Interaction with Bradley Hall’s commercial and residential property businesses will be required with ongoing instructions being supplied by the group services offered.
This post will represent a challenging and rewarding role with a rapidly expanding firm that has an excellent existing client base across the country.
Salary up to £28,000 per annum dependent upon experience + bonus + benefits. For a confidential discussion please feel free to contact BHPD’s Planning Director, Mark Ketley, on 0191 232 8080 or send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org